Festive Party Mix
|The Curvy Carrot|
Festive Party Mix
Servings: about 10 cups of mix
1 cup Cheerios
2 cups small cheese crackers
1/2 pound mixed nuts
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon celery salt
1 cup Kix
1 cup rice Chex
2 cups thin pretzels
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
12 teaspoon garlic salt
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
2. Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl. ***I use a huge stainless steel bowl that I bought at a restaurant supply store-you can bake the mix right in it!
3. Mix melted butter and seasonings together in a separate small bowl.
4. Pour the melted butter mixture over the dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Bake the mix for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes to evenly combine.
That’s it! It’s simple, delicious, and completely addicting!
Red Hot Popcorn Party Mix
|The Yummy Life|
-White chocolate chips
-Honey roasted peanuts
-Hot Tamales chewy cinnamon candies
-Red Hot candies
-Coarse sea salt
-Red & white decorating sprinkles
1. Spread 8 cups of popped corn on a large baking sheet (mine is 13x18).
2. Sprinkle the popcorn with approx. half of the Hot Tamales, Red Hots, and peanuts.
3. Add oil to white chips. (Adding a small amount of canola or vegetable oil, gives the melted chocolate a smoother, glazy texture and appearance.)
4. Combine white chips with oil in small bowl and melt in microwave in 20 second intervals, stirring each time, and continuing to cook just until chips completely melt in when stirred (approx. 60 seconds total).
5. Use a spoon to drizzle approx. half of melted chips on top of popcorn mix. This adds flavor, but also works as "glue" to bind the popcorn and candy. Drizzling in layers helps it all stick together.
6. Sprinkle on remaining candy & peanuts, along with the salt.
7. Drizzle on remaining melted chips and immediately (before it hardens) sprinkle with decorating sugar and sprinkles.
8. Let the mix harden completely and break it into pieces. You can speed up the hardening in the refrigerator, if you're in a hurry.
It's kind of like a popcorn candy bark. You can drizzle on more of the melted chips if you prefer it to be even more candy-like. Put it in a cupcake liner for a cute effect!
Mom's Sweet Christmas Chex
1 (14oz) box corn Chex cereal
1 (12oz) box graham cracker cereal (like Golden Grahams)
2c coarsely grated coconut (I prefer unsweetened)
1 generous cup slivered almonds
2c corn syrup
1 tsp almond extract
In one or two of your largest bowls, combine cereals, coconut, and almonds. Make sure you’ll have plenty of room to toss the cereal mixture with the warm sugar syrup mixture.
In a large saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, and butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until the mixture comes to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes, then remove from the heat. Stir in almond extract and pour over cereal mixture. Toss to coat well.