Friday, December 2, 2011

Leather Bracelets

Hey Crafters!
Need a creative, one-of-a-kind Christmas gift for a girlfriend? How about a leather bracelet, or two?!  I have two great tutorials for you today, thanks to Delighted Momma and Oh the lovely things, on making two different kinds of lovely leather bracelets!. I thought both of these were just delightful :) I love unique projects like these! You can find all of the supplies for these cuties at your local craft store. My local Jo-Anne's has a light tan color, dark tan color, and a black color to choose from. I like the black and dark tan the best! They are about $4 for one strip. You need an entire strip of leather for the bow bracelet, but I bet you can get two bracelets out of one strip of leather for the painted chevron bracelet. Not a bad deal! The only frustrating part for me with the bow bracelet, was getting my needle through the leather. Not the easiest task in the world, but 5 minutes of frustration is so worth this awesome bracelet. Check it out and let me know what you think! Happy crafting!

 

Leather bow cuff bracelet



You will need :
- A piece of leather, approx. 22cm x 10cm (approx. 8.7" x 4")
- Scissors
- Leather glue or super glue
- Thread
- A snap button

1. Cut an oval piece of leather, approx. 22cm x 10cm (approx. 8.7" x 4"). You can make it longer or smaller, depending on the size of your wrist.



2. Form a bow.



3. Secure the bow by wrapping thread around it and knot.



4. Cut a small rectangle of leather, approx. 4cm x 1cm / 1.6" x 0.4"



5. Glue the small band of leather over the thread.



6. Sew the snap button, one part of the button at one end of the leather, and the other at the other side.



And Voila!

 

 

DIY Painted Chevron Bracelet

What you will need:
  • Strip of leather (found at Michaels)
  • Some kind of closure. I used button snaps
  • Paint brush
  • Acrylic paint
  • Scissors
  • Blue painters tape

Decide how wide you want your bracelet and cut the leather accordingly.

Cut out thin triangle strips like above and place evenly spaced along the leather strip.
Paint the strip of leather.
Wait about 20 minutes until the paint is dry.

Attach the button closure.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for showing this DIY! I had seen it before but I had forgotten all about it, now I'm re-inspired to make one!
    I particularly like the bow one better but they're both so cute!
    This will definitely be made before Christmas!
    Btw, cute blog!

    -Mar

    http://girlinawholenewworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete